Hearing Services Voucher
The Australian Government Hearing Services Program (HSP) assists eligible clients with access to free hearing services via the Hearing Services Voucher scheme.
You are eligible to apply for a Hearing Services Voucher if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident 26 years or older and you are:
* A Pensioner Concession Card Holder;
* Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
* The holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions;
* The holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss;
* A dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
* A member of the Australian Defence Force; or
* Undergoing an Australian Government funded vocational rehabilitation service and you are referred by your service provider.
What services will you receive?
Eligible people can obtain a comprehensive range of hearing services designed to meet your needs, free of charge. These include:
* Your hearing assessed by a qualified hearing services practitioner.
* If the assessment indicates that a hearing aid or other device would assist you, your practitioner will help you select an appropriate model from a range of quality devices made by leading manufacturers.
* The practitioner will also advise you on how to get the maximum benefit from your hearing aid.
* If you have complex hearing problems, you will be offered additional special services to meet your needs.
In addition, eligible people can obtain maintenance of their hearing aids and devices and a regular supply of batteries on payment of a small annual maintenance fee.
How to apply for a Hearing Services Voucher
If you are eligible to apply for a hearing services Voucher, please:
* Telephone, email or visit John Pearcy Audiology to make an appointment for your initial hearing assessment – Contact Us
* Doctor referrals are no longer required, just bring your pension or DVA card with you to the appointment.
Our friendly support staff will do the rest!