The Australian Government Hearing Services Program (HSP) assists eligible clients with access to free hearing services via the Hearing Services Voucher scheme.
You are eligible to apply for a Hearing Services Voucher if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident 26 years or older and you are:
* A Pensioner Concession Card Holder;
* Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
* The holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions;
* The holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss;
* A dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
* A member of the Australian Defence Force; or
* Undergoing an Australian Government funded vocational rehabilitation service and you are referred by your service provider.
What services will you receive?
Eligible people can obtain a comprehensive range of hearing services designed to meet your needs, free of charge. These include:
* Your hearing assessed by a qualified hearing services practitioner.
* If the assessment indicates that a hearing aid or other device would assist you, your practitioner will help you select an appropriate model from a range of quality devices made by leading manufacturers.
* The practitioner will also advise you on how to get the maximum benefit from your hearing aid.
* If you have complex hearing problems, you will be offered additional special services to meet your needs.
In addition, eligible people can obtain maintenance of their hearing aids and devices and a regular supply of batteries on payment of a small annual maintenance fee.
How to apply for a Hearing Services Voucher
If you are eligible to apply for a hearing services Voucher, please:
* Telephone, email or visit John Pearcy Audiology to make an appointment for your initial hearing assessment – Contact Us
* Obtain a hearing test referral from your doctor to bring to your appointment at John Pearcy Audiology
Our friendly support staff will do the rest!